Ari Shaffir did a 4 hour Q & A with a room full a comics at the Comedy Store in California.
Here are 10 of the personal highlights I pulled from it.
1. Watch and listen to tons of comics
2. In the beginning, have anyone willing to help you help you
3. Allow yourself to fail freely
4. Take 10 minutes to write per day
5. Smile a little, smirk
6. Don’t let your material own you
7. Go to the crappy rooms, but make sure to go to the better rooms
8. Message matters, not the messenger
9. Set realistic goals and go get them
10. A big head is the worst thing for standup, stay humble